Mmm I think catholic church is in crisis before these news. Nowadays there are many people joining to other religions, there’s a lot of people that don’t believe in the institution of church and there are people that don’t even believe in god. So catholicism is losing strength.
I think catholic church had a lot of power and now it doesn’t. Well, it still has power, but not too much, and it’s not considereded an unquestionable authority, as it was in the past.
Maybe in the past there were priests who commited abuses, but the people affected by that didn’t have the courage to say it, because of the implications that could have to acuse one of the most important authorities of commiting an awful crime. Today, I think that catholic church doesn’t have the privilege or the social position of years ago so it’s easier for the affected ones to tell their stories.
Also, I think that those crimes doesn’t involve all catholic priests, I prefer not to generalize. If a few priests made bad things it doesn’t mean that all priests are bad. Unfortunately, some people generalize and they are probably thinking very bad things about that, so catholic church is in big trouble.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario