viernes, 16 de abril de 2010

the earthquake

The night of the earthquake i was in my home in Chiloe island so my experience wasn't so bad (it's far from the epicentre)
I was in my bed trying to sleep when the lights of the street turned off (there's a street light just outside my window) . I thought it was normal, so I got up and went to see my city from my window (because i love how it looks when it's absolutely dark! ). I stayed there a few seconds and decided to comeback to my bed when suddenly everything started moving, but it wasn't so long, and it wasn't so strong neither, so i just went to see my brother and he was ok, so i went to bed and started sleeping (i never thought the tremor could be product of an earthquake!).

Next day in the morning, my cousin woke me up and told me everything. The first thing i did was asking about my mum (cause she was in Santiago), but Andrea (my cousin) told me she was fine. I got up and see the news... i got surprised in a very bad way because some people have died and tv showed awful things.

In a short time it get worse. I mean ..in the places near the epicentre, because in my city there were not big problems. And fortunately all my family and friends were fine.

Everytime I watched tv I felt really sad, the number of dead people was increasing, and the images were just awful. I felt useless. And there was a time, about three days after the earthquake that I couldn't watched tv, I just felt really, really sad about it.

Hm.. I think I've written too much so I better stop here. Bye!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario